Monday, January 4, 2010

Watch out 2010


The last night of 2009.


I have never made a resolution. Never. I thought it was petty and pushed by gyms and Jenny Craig. What can I say, I am a crazy hippie at heart. Three kids later: My life and body are a mess. Since I am, gasp, a stay at home mom, the days and my waistline continue to expand. I need a goal (in this case several goals) to keep me focused, and prevent me from turning into one of those sad women who doesn't shower in the morning because I think, "What's the point?"

Luckily, as a teenager with disposable income I purchased a lifetime membership to a gym, most of the other things I did as a teenager were not as advantageous to my future. I have zero excuses for not working out, aside from the three kids and budding social schedule. Once I decided to shed the pounds my happy ass has been carrying around for several years, the resolutions just wouldn't stop. Now, last year I spent the majority of my time making bottles and figuring out what shirt colors hide spit-up best, this year the babes are to a point where they need me, but occasionally maybe I can wear a black shirt (black=bad color to conceal puke) and further my career. Here are my overly ambitious life goals. They will not be completed in 2010, it might take years to achieve them all, but along with my crazy stubborn side, comes crazy determination and passion. So watch out 2010, I am going to kick your ass.

In order to not overwhelm you with all my New Year crazies, I am going to "release" a couple at a time throughout January. I know the suspense may be too much to handle, but, trust me, it will be worth the wait.

-Get in shape, not round. Oh, my nice jeans, how I miss you. I'm spending my winter in $10 jeans, and it sucks. Probably the biggest reason for the new found desire to "be fit" is because I don't want to rebuild my jean wardrobe. A lot of effort and money were spent on those jeans, which are now just getting wrinkly at the bottom of my drawers. Also, I know one piece swimsuits are "in" now, but really? They aren't that cute, and everyone knows you are just hiding your blubber stomach. Well maybe Kate Hudson isn't hiding a blubber stomach, but most beach goers in one pieces aren't wearing them for the fashion statement. Plus, can there be an uglier tan line? And, I know, I live in San Diego. Last summer, was not my finest time. I was an emotional fat mess, and I apologize to those who saw me in my bikini. I obviously was not thinking straight, can we blame this lapse in judgment on the lack of sleep and nearly dead sister? My current attack plan against my body, includes running (with my Goliath babies) and my classes at the gym. Seeing as we cannot afford to suck all of the fat out of my stomach, hopefully hard work will be enough.

Ok, and this is a bold move, but I am seriously considering posting "progress pictures." The first picture has been taken, and it is bad, really bad. But it is motivational, so I am tempted, we'll see.


The reason my jeans don't fit.


-No soda, limited caffeine. Why are the legal stimulates so hard to quit? I love soda, but I think the copious amounts I have consumed since the babies were born contributed to my weight gain and bad skin. Enough, adios dumb beautiful caffeine. It really is like a bad break up. I see him (Dr. Pepper) everywhere, and it feels so right when we are together, but he is bad for me. No we can't be friends, I love him too much, a clean break is better.

So far I have been doing pretty awesome. I think about soda all day, and we still have ALL of our stash in my fridge, but I have not caved. Granted, I grind my teeth and have developed some anger issues, but hell I am soda free!


The reason I need a soda.


-Eat like an adult. I eat like a small child. Well, better than K-Dog, who refuses anything that is not bread based and fried, but it is pretty bad. I am on a major organic, no microwave, good farm kick. This is what watching Ellen has gotten me too. I love animals, I don't want them to be treated poorly, but they taste so good. My happy medium is only financially supporting farms that let there cows/poultry graze, aren't given anti-biotic, allowed to flap their wings, etc. I know I sound like a crazy hippie, but have you tried organic meat? It is good, like way better than the normal grocery store junk. And the big "farms" are the biggest (40%) contributor to global warming. So, drive your hummer and run your TV all day, but eat (as Husband Face calls them) the "happy cows." I promise not to become one of "those" people who talks about my "green-diet" all day, and the environment, and how we are killing our planet, blah, blah, blah. I am way too interesting to talk about that crap. THIS is that rant, and I am now done.

Also, just so we all are on the same page, I am making an exception for In N Out, sorry cows. I am telling you all this because I know one day I am going to come home on a In N Out "high" and write a love letter about their patties. I don't want to feel guilty. Actually, I don't really eat out that often, but when I do I generally have some type of steak. I am not ready to give that up yet. Maybe soon. I will save as many planets and eat the "happy cows" as I can, but my heart will always be a crazed meat lover.

Along, with trying new foods, I am trying to learn how to cook. I know, who am I? Husband Face has always done the majority of the cooking, but I really don't need to eat chicken pasta anymore, my ass looks like the curdled cream (too much?). Which leads me to the conclusion, that I must cook. Thanks, to everyone who bought my cooking junk for my wedding. I wish I knew about the crock pot 3 years ago.



The reason I will do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment