The Rancho Las Palmas, has an awesome kid area with popper park, beach (with sand) and a lazy river. We didn't even go to the adult pool because we felt like we related more with the children and the noise.For our second wedding anniversary we decided to go to Palm Springs for a one night getaway. Neither of us had been there since high school (apparently Husband Face went with some man named Bruce in a van for a "tennis trip," he has never played tennis before, this is suspect) and since it is literally hotter than hell there (I imagine that hell is 100 degrees, to keep it simple for the demons) the hotel rates are dirt cheap in the summertime. Honestly we could have stayed in the Motel 6 down the street and would have been so overjoyed to sleep a solid 5 hours, but Husband Face did it up big (well, "big" for two poor people that have basically been on house arrest and sleep deprived for the past six months).
It was such a teaser vacation. We know that no one can handle all of our kids for over one night, so as we sat poolside it was bittersweet. Bittersweet for two reasons:
1) We didn't want to get to comfortable in our inner tubes, because we knew the screams of little children was our fate in a few short hours.
2) I had two babies 6 months ago, I have zero motivation/time to go to the gym, a bikini was not my ideal outfit choice. However, it was so damn hot, going outdoors in anything more than a loincloth would be criminal.
About 20 minutes into our lazy river experience Husband Face and I concluded that we need to get our jiggly butts to the gym. There were women and men double our age that, while they were leather like and will most likely develop skin cancer, had rocking bodies that made our not obese but leaning towards extremely neglected bodies, sad. After observing this we proceed in drinking 1,000's of calories in margaritas and sat in our tubes for 3 hours. We also got milkshakes and fries on the drive home. Seeing beautiful people in bathing suits profoundly affected us for half a day.
I ran for a quarter of a mile to Petco with my crazy dog biting my ankles the whole way. I have also gotten dressed for the gym 3 times resulting in zero actual trips to the gym. Right now I am in gym attire, and I am seriously considering going once Husband Face reappears from his daily 8-10 hour hiatus. But it is highly unlikely I will be able to peel myself away from my viral videos. Latest addiction: Anything preformed by the NYC Gay Men's Choir.

so glad you clarified the exact temperature of hell for all of us. those demons, they need things "kept simple"...so i hear.
ReplyDelete