Last week K-Dog had his first recital. I was a hot mess. I was convinced one of two things was going to happen: 1)He sees me and leaps off of the stage and proceeds to be obnoxious and we leave the school mortified. 2) He cries the whole time and we leave the school mortified. Luckily, I completely underestimated his theatrical prowess.
When he first walked on the stage he nearly jumped off when he saw me (I know my boy). I yelled (not crazy angry yell, but polite urging please don't embarrass me in front off all these parents yell) at him from the audience to stay there with all his friends and get this, he LISTENED. I was amazed. For some reason his teachers, who are well aware of my childs' severe anxiety issues, put K-Dog front and center. When he was actually looking at the crowd (the majority of the time his back was facing the audience and he was singing to the kids behind him) he looked terrified. But that all changed when "Hot Potato" of Wiggles fame came on. K-Dog has never been more excited than in that moment. His big blue eyes lit up and he began jumping for 3 minutes! Words cannot express the joy that those four men in matching spandex bring my child. Here is the video to prove it:
While I have the Wiggles on my mind, let me say, what the hell? I will be the first to admit that Anthony is a hottie, a toddlers across the globe would agree with me. But the nation of mothers is sick of "Fruit Salad" and not impressed by the "Big Red Car," the Australian quarto is getting annoying. The todders however disagree, they are like the Beatles for them. K-Dog watches little TV now, but during the long hot days of being prego with twins last summer the Wiggles (along with Elmo and Nemo) practically raised him as I lay motionless on the couch. That summer, I ingested every Wiggle lyric and wondered how Anthony looked so good in spandex.
Husband Face hates the Wiggles. He is one of those guys that is constantly saying, "Why didn't I think of that." He is also mad at Google and any social networking site (he claims that he invented MySpace when he was 12). When I told Husband Face how much the Wiggles were worth, plus that all of the hot moms love them, he began hatching his own children's band in his head. Husband Face says that he has a far greater superior intellect and should have of been a dancing/singing fool, software engineers get no ladies. He rambles on about he can make much better children programing and then (while intoxicated) tries to convince other 24 year old males to sing and dance there way to riches. To date, I have not seen any demo reels of my husband dancing to classic kids tunes, but I would not be surprised if one were to surface.
Did you know I TOUCHED JEFF?! Oh yes I did.
ReplyDeleteJust thought I'd share.
Your son is adorable!
Was he sleep walking? HAHAHA... I kill myself.
ReplyDelete