Monday, June 15, 2009

Month 39 of MommyHood, Month 5 with the Duo

Me and all the kiddos at Sea World.


I was talking with one of my close friends and apparently my blog may portray that I am I miserable human being and generally unhappy. This is simply not true. In order to dispel any rumors and reassure concerned parties, once a month I will write a letter to my kids, and post it here. Not wanting to be a horrible parent, most of the content will include anecdotes that express how much I love them or me rambling on for 500 plus words about their sparkling blue eyes. It will be riveting.
In May, I took you to Disneyland all by yourself. You at tons of candy and got spoiled rotten. This is my attempt to buy your love and good behavior.

Us at Disney on the swings. We went on them 4 times. It was sickening.

Playing video games with pops.

K-Dog, do not tell the other children (or your father) but there is no way I can ever love anyone as much as you. When I was pregnant with the twins I would cry every night because I felt so bad for "ruining" your simple little world. While you don't get as much attention as you did pre-babies, you love your brother and sister so much. You are a fantastic older brother. You know who is crying without looking at them and you always remind me when it is time to feed them. I have never had to tell you to be gentle or careful around them (but I may start, you accidentally threw a bat at Itty Bitty the other day), you have always just known that they are fragile. You try so hard to be quiet when they take naps, but it is impossible for you to have any type of ""inside voice" and you feel bad when you wake them up, so I try not to be mad at you. It is the beginning of summer now and soon you are starting swim school. You love to swim/float. The previous two summers I have scrambled to make sure you don't jump in every body of water (including, but not limited to: pools, fountains, streams, the ocean, puddles), but now you patiently wait by the edge of the pool. I cannot wait to watch you swim the pool by yourself. You are getting so big now. I swear everyday you have ten new phrases. One day you came home from school answering all my questions with, "I don't know" and "whatever." I nearly lost my mind and told you those were bad words and the other day you told grandma not to say "whatever." You are simply adorable.
You and your father were matching and I had to document the moment. Sometimes I think you only got his DNA.

Swinging with your girl.

Big J, you are just easy to love. You are going to be exactly like your father. So easy going it is almost annoying. You are no longer a little infant that resembles an alien like creature. I cannot believe how big you have gotten. Seriously 5 months ago you were this tiny little guy with bug eyes, luckily you have grown into all of your features. I think it is impossible, or at least extremely unlikely, to have cuter children, which contributes to the easy loving part. I have a theory that ugly kids may be harder to love. If someone is throwing up and screaming all day at you AND they are ugly, my love would run thin. Anyway, you are far more active than Itty Bitty, and as much as I try not to compare you two, it is inevitable. While Itty Bitty wants to spend her time eating her hands and being held, you don't mind playing by yourself on the floor. You have mastered rolling over, and Itty Bitty hardly tries before she NEEDS to be picked up. But you love cuddling too. And my god, your laugh is the cutest thing ever. You giggle and coo anytime anyone looks at you. Today we were at McDonald's and I was trying to wrangle the crazy child to go and you started falling out of your stroller. Instead of telling me, a woman came and picked you up and you could not stop laughing and looking at her. While it was extremely awkward and inappropriate of her to hold my baby, you loved her, just like everyone else in the world.
You are even ladylike in your sleep.

Swinging with one of your boys.

Oh Itty Bitty. I predict that in 16 years your brothers are going to beat up a string of boyfriends, because you are drama and are going to be a looker. I could look at you for hours. And while 95% of the time you are covered in baby puke and have never smelt good, you are beautiful. The blue eyes and dark hair are trouble waiting to happen. From the moment you were born it has been so obvious that you are a little girl. And for the record you have your father wrapped around your finger. I would start asking him for a car ASAP. You are quite taken with him as well. I know I am old news, and only carried you in my body for 8 painful months, but it would be nice to get cute Itty Bitty smiles all the time. Truly I don't mind, I look at your poppa the same way and I am ecstatic to watch my husband and daughter hang out. Also, I ask Husband Face this all the time, could we be friends in 20 years? I see these mother/daughters shopping and laughing with each other, and I think they genuinely like each other. Can that be us? I will try not to be crazy and could you try not to be a brat? Deal. Aside from your killer good looks, you are a happy baby, now. The first 3 months of your life you were miserable. Since you were so tiny your little stomach and kidneys had not fully developed, so you had a reflux and other preemie issues. I felt so helpless when you would cry for hours for no reason, at time driving us crazy, I am relieved that you seem to be feeling better now. You are my precious baby girl who is happiest when being held and tickled. I am the same exact way, maybe we will be BFF in 2029.

Mothers Day 2009

2 comments:

  1. Ray, I love this. It makes my life. You love love love them. And it is amazing and brilliant. Thanks for posting these. Made me cry a little bit (but that could just be because I'm about to start my period... I don't know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ! ! ! FYI: I love your comedic style of writing. I never once thought you were miserable. A miserable person can not be creative and your posts are truly creative!

    ReplyDelete