Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Love Lists

If you were to come over to my very small condo nestled in the armpit of San Diego you would find lists taped on walls, pinned on boards, in drawers and on my fridge, and that is just downstairs. I love lists. Crossing tasks off of my lists is euphoric. I am addicted to it. Occasionally, I create my lists with everyday chores (dishes, picking up the living room, feeding children) just so I can cross them off, knowing very well that my life would not work if I did not, let's say, feed my kids.

My favorite list to date is "Husband Faces Project List." He did not appreciate my creating a list for him, I received a lecture about treating him like a child. I do not understand why he was upset about me keeping him focused, dumb boy. I love lists and would be ecstatic if Husband Face made me a list outlining what a spectacular mother/wife/lover/person I am. Granted, his list was full of projects that have not been completed in since we moved, a year ago, so it wasn't necessarily praising his love-making abilities. However, as of today nearly half of the list is completed and I am happy. Husband face spent the weekend rebuilding our garage storage and did a good amount in the "backyard" (a concrete slab with new wood chips over a dirt patch). He may finish the project list before the "due date," and of course there is a due date, husband face craves boundaries. Best part: he lets me cross off his tasks for him. True love folks.

The Lists:




Also, if you cannot already tell, since this is a public blog, I will not be sharing the names of my family and friends. I would prefer my husband to keep his job and I would like to have some real world friends. So everyone will be given nicknames, if you are lucky enough to know me and make enough of an impact to be included in the blog sphere. People that anger me at fast food establishments and happen to be wearing name tags will be "outed" and receive a detailed physical description.

No comments:

Post a Comment