Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reasons why I am deciding to be a blogger

1) I spent 5 and a half years in college getting lengthy titled degrees (majored in Communications with and emphasis in Journalism and Media studies and a minor in Television, Film and New Media) and need to feel like I am using them. I figure blogging takes care of the Journalism and New Media part.
2) I love writing. I am not claiming to be the next Poe or Hemingway, but writing is cathartic for me.
3) I have three children (hence the title of the blog, I had three kids by the age of 23, more info to follow). This blog is equally about venting about having feces all over my house as it is about how much I want to remember these babyhood days. I guarantee that it will mostly seem like I am complaining and hate my life, but I don't. Actually, I think that very few people are as fortunate as me and I love every minute of it, but you will have to shift through the sarcasm and swear words to see that.
4) My husband thinks I am hilarious. I figure when he gets mad at me I can point him towards my blog and all is forgiven.

Also, I feel like I need to precursor this new endeavor by saying that I will truthfully give my opinions and entertain readers while attempting to be respectful to others, but I cannot guarantee that you will not be offended by my tone, attitude, politics, or a sleuth of my other "edgy" characteristics. This is about my crazy life and how I survive it, suggestions welcome, but I am the most stubborn person in the world and rarely take advice seriously. You would probably get further by yelling at your computer screen than sending me a email with bible verses or techniques on breastfeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment